Question Monitor no display

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
So i have the samsung 27inch (C27FG70FQN). and when i plug in a computer to it (using hdmi) it just wont give any display but if plug in a laptop it will give a display.

Yes the pc works. ive plugged it to another monitor using the same hdmi and it showed display. and this is not the only pc that wont give display on this monitor. I built another pc too just last week and that wasnt giving any display aswell.

Ive tried both hdmi ports and nothing. I havent tried the dp port yet just because I cant find my dp cable. anyone know whats causing this.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to change cables and see if that changes your experience but to be blunt, you forgot to mention what the specs to the two system's are/were in case something was amiss.

Maybe try and connect a laptop to it and see if that brings up a display. Also, when did you buy the Samsung monitor?

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
You might want to change cables and see if that changes your experience but to be blunt, you forgot to mention what the specs to the two system's are/were in case something was amiss.

Maybe try and connect a laptop to it and see if that brings up a display. Also, when did you buy the Samsung monitor?

Ah sorry. one was a xeon 1231 + rx580 sapphire. While the other one was a ryzen 2600 + 5700xt. Ive tried 3 different hdmi (tested/working) and have tried all ports. None worked.

Ive also tried 2 different display port cables and still nothing. It works on another monitor though..

im not really knowledgeable when it comes to monitors but I think my monitor doesnt detect display till a pc like gets to log in screen or something (like after bios) cus when i was using this monitor before the bios boot up screen (press del/etc) always showed up in my 2nd monitor; even tho this samsung monitor was set up as the main. And when it gets to the log in screen to windows, it switches back to the samsung monitor. Is that even possible? lol.

And i believe this monitor is 1.5years old.