Monitor no signal after crash- Need help!

Seangar

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but here goes.

Problem: After crash (or maybe a windows update) my PC will not detect a signal from my monitors (occasionally will detect my primary monitor).

What I've tried:
Replaced GPU (no change)
Removed sound card
CMOS battery reset
Removed Ram and reinstalled
Uninstalled and reinstalled latest nvida driver.
Attempted to update Bios but got a "image integrity check failed" message
(Got my primary monitor to work temporarily before crash)

When booting into safe mode - networking my pc seems to run fine and detects primary monitor.

To start off, I'm not sure if this is a hardware or driver/windows update problem.The last few months or so my PC would just randomly crash. After I restarted, it worked fine (until another eventual crash). The other night it crashed and when I restarted I got as far as the windows logo circle loading screen, then went black and said no dvi signal. All my fans were still running inside my pc case. My other monitor/tv showed nothing besides no signal detected. (I have one pc monitor connected via dvi and I have my a/v reciever connected via a hdmi/dvi adapter...which goes to my tv).

I thought perhaps it was my GPU, so I replaced it with an identical extra one I had . Still nothing. I removed the power cord, unplugged the motherboard battery, and removed the ram and reinstalled one stick at a time. This seemed to work, as I finally got to my windows login screen...everything was back to normal besides my 2nd monitor/tv still not being detected. I uninstalled my graphics driver via device manager and installed the latest version....still my 2nd monitor got no signal.

Now, my pc will either just randomly lose signal to my 1st monitor (sleep mode maybe) or it will crash and black out after the windows logo screen.

I know this post is long and my problem is a mess, but would greatly appreciate any help.

MY SPECS:

Version: 10.0.14393
CPU: Intel i5 2k00k 3.3ghz
MB: Asus P8P67 Pro (Bio version 1204)
Sound card: Asus Xonar D2X
Video: Nvida Geforce GTX 460

Seangar

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Well it's unfortunate I didn't receive any advice, I understand my post was long and chaotic though. I think I fixed it on my own. Not sure why, but I removed my sound card it's been running smoothly. No crashes and windows loads perfectly. There still is the problem of my tv (connected via dvi/hdmi adapter to my a/v receiver) no displaying. Although It does display when it's directly connected to the tvs hdmi input. I'm guessing the windows update messed something up.

TRENDING THREADS