[SOLVED] Monitor no signal after interrupted system restore

Dec 19, 2019
Hello,

My Monitor and pc were fine just minutes before.

After interrupting a system restore accidentally, I do not have any signal displayed on the monitor afterwards, not even a black screen. My pc is still running as usual.

I’ve tried to reboot afterwards but have the same result. Reconnected all wires and I believe it’s a software issue as all the parts were working fine.

My build is:

Zotac Gtx 1060 6gb
Intel i5 8500
ASRock b360 pro

Solution
Thanks for the reply, I bought this pc premade from a builder and it came with os of windows 10 home 64 bit. I’m quite tech illiterate so where can I find the windows install USB?
Your are going to have to go to another computer and follow the instructions in this link on how to create an install USB. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ If indeed you can boot with a working monitor, you can choose a repair over an install as shown in the link, or choose a clean install of windows 10.
Dec 19, 2019
Confirm you do not even see a bios splash screen when you boot. I would first connect to the MB on broad graphics and see if you have video. If not try booting from an install media or other boot disc to make sure your PC is actually booting.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t see anything as the monitor just goes to sleep after no signal. Just tried with hdmi on motherboard and still nothing is shown.

Can you explain the bottom part because I don’t understand?

Thanks for the reply. I don’t see anything as the monitor just goes to sleep after no signal. Just tried with hdmi on motherboard and still nothing is shown.

Can you explain the bottom part because I don’t understand?
You should have a windows install USB or disc. You can use that to boot your PC to see if your monitor failure is due to windows being corrupted. The install media, if the monitor works, will also allow to try and repair your install if possible.

Dec 19, 2019
You should have a windows install USB or disc. You can use that to boot your PC to see if your monitor failure is due to windows being corrupted. The install media, if the monitor works, will also allow to try and repair your install if possible.

Thanks for the reply, I bought this pc premade from a builder and it came with os of windows 10 home 64 bit. I’m quite tech illiterate so where can I find the windows install USB?

Your are going to have to go to another computer and follow the instructions in this link on how to create an install USB. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ If indeed you can boot with a working monitor, you can choose a repair over an install as shown in the link, or choose a clean install of windows 10.

Reactions: Bubus
Solution
Dec 19, 2019