[SOLVED] Monitor "No Signal" and no keyboard power after shutdown it self

May 30, 2019
So last night i leave my cpu PC for 5 minutes, because i went to bathroom.
And when i came back, it's already shutdown itself. So i try to turn it on and it goes to boot confirmation that ask me if i want to start windows normaly, because the last shutdown is a hard shutdown, so i chose to start it normaly.

And then it stuck on it, and it restart itself, after the restart my monitor showing up no signal sign, and no keyboar power, so i had to shut it down with holding power button for 5 seconds.

After that i leave my cpu PC for 20 or 30 minutes, and i try to turn it on again, when in boot section i can boot to bios, but it will last for 5 or 10 seconds, then it will stuck there, i can't use my keyboard and my mouse, and then it will restart and no signal sign will appear again.

What I already try is:
  • Reset CMOS (doesn't work)
  • Reset System resume (Holding power button like 20-30 seconds after unpluged the psu) doesn't work
  • Try diffrent RAM slot (doesn't work)
  • Unplug the GPU and try only with psu, processor, and 1 stcik of RAM (doesn't work)
So my question is What's going on with my computer?. I never had this issue before. What causing this issue? And how can i fix this?
If someone had an experience with this issue and know how to fix this, help me plese, thanks before.

My Comp Spec
MSI B75A G43
Intel i5 3470
GTX 1070 8GB STRIX
RAM Patriot 8G DDR3
HDD WD 500GB
PSU Enermax 500W

Solution
I think you need to do this:

But if you have tried BOTH sticks of memory, separately, with only one stick installed, by themselves, and both sticks failed to allow the system to work properly, then it is very likely you might have a motherboard failure.
Could be a failing motherboard or memory module. Given the age of the system, I'd lean towards the motherboard. Have you checked your thermals to verify whether there might be an overheating issue?

CPU fan operating normally? When was the last time you applied fresh thermal paste?

Heatsink full of dust?

What is the exact model of that Enermax PSU?

May 30, 2019
Could be a failing motherboard or memory module. Given the age of the system, I'd lean towards the motherboard. Have you checked your thermals to verify whether there might be an overheating issue?

CPU fan operating normally? When was the last time you applied fresh thermal paste?

Heatsink full of dust?

What is the exact model of that Enermax PSU?
Thanks for the fast respond sir
I have tried to reapply the thermals and clear the cpu heatsink 2 hours ago, and still doesn't work.

The cpu fan speed is acting weird, sometimes it goes so fast and turn to be slow, and go fast again in no signal sign.

But, i feel weird, when i can boot in bios just for 5 or 10 seconds, then it stucks there, so my my computer restart itself.

May 30, 2019
Windows 10?

Possibly an update failure.

However, a PSU failure is likewise possible and I suspect more likely.

How old is the PSU?
Thanks for the reply sir.
I'm using windows 7 SP1
My PSU is 5 years old sir, should i try the new one? Or maybe i can try to POST the motherboard first?
Can the PSU failure cause this issue sir?

But i can boot in bios just for 5-10 seconds, and then the system will get stuck there and restart it self then no signal sign comes up after restart, i know that's weird, but I don't really have good knowledge about electricity sir, excuse me.

May 30, 2019
5 years old.

PSU is suspect.

But I would try a new CMOS battery if that battery has never been replaced.

But do indeed follow the suggestions provided by @Darkbreeze.

Key is to eliminate as many possible problem sources as you can.
Ok then i will try to replace the cmos battery first, and i'll look at the PSU after that.
Thanks, i will keep update the result of the progress to let you notice.

Yes, CMOS battery is a very likely possible suspect, although I'm not sure that would cause it to freeze up or shut down. Maybe though. It's possible.

Given the age, a new CMOS battery is probably a good idea anyhow. I have a feeling though there is more to it.

What happens if you remove the graphics card from the motherboard completely, and use the CPU integrated graphics through the motherboard video outputs? Try that, see if there is any change at all.

May 30, 2019
Yes, CMOS battery is a very likely possible suspect, although I'm not sure that would cause it to freeze up or shut down. Maybe though. It's possible.

Given the age, a new CMOS battery is probably a good idea anyhow. I have a feeling though there is more to it.

What happens if you remove the graphics card from the motherboard completely, and use the CPU integrated graphics through the motherboard video outputs? Try that, see if there is any change at all.
Ok i have replaced the cmos battery, but nothing happen, no signal sign still pop up.

I never use my computer without graphic card, but i know there is cpu integrated graphics in my computer, and i have tried that too, but still no signal sir.

And i have buzzer on my motherboard, but no beep sign.

And now should i try to use another psu? I have another psu here, it's cooler master 500w but idk what series it is.

May 30, 2019
I think i should try to unplug everything, and try get the motherboard out of the case, so i can try to replug and check every single hardware one by one, to see whats hardware that cause this issue, it's that okay sir?

May 30, 2019

Ok so i have moved my motherboar out of case and try to test it again, this time i only use 1 stick of RAM, cpu and psu, my monitor show some confirmation like this, press F1 to Run Setup, Press F2 to continue, but it freeze there, and the system restart itself. Arter it's restart itself no signal sign pop up again.

So now i'm gonna try to clean my processor socket, because my cpu fan speed is so fast, even if it's not booting up.

But if you have tried BOTH sticks of memory, separately, with only one stick installed, by themselves, and both sticks failed to allow the system to work properly, then it is very likely you might have a motherboard failure.

Solution
May 30, 2019

I can't open the link that you give me above sir

May 30, 2019

I almost try everything, but i wont give up haha

so tomorrow i will buy a pc analyzer card sir, and try to test it again with those analyzer card, hope that will help.

I will keep updating the progress sir, and maybe you can help me with the code from those card, thank's again.

If you can boot to the BIOS, and then it shuts down, I'm not sure that a debugging card is going to be much help. If there was something for it to pick up from the debug codes, you'd think it would halt during the POST process. But if you think that's what you need to do, ok.

Maybe something will pop up.

Reactions: Mika-EL
May 30, 2019
If you can boot to the BIOS, and then it shuts down, I'm not sure that a debugging card is going to be much help. If there was something for it to pick up from the debug codes, you'd think it would halt during the POST process. But if you think that's what you need to do, ok.

It is not shuting down sir, it's restarting, and then no signal sign pop up after restart, but the motherboard still turn on, fan and led light power turn on.

Can i still use the POST dubugging card? I think i still can use it, because the motherboard still turn on with no signal in monitor, but idk what's wrong, that's why i think the debugging card will help.

May 30, 2019
I have tried using another keyboard sir, this is a ps2 keyboard, the capslock, scroll lock and numlock light is on, is that mean something?

Oh and by the way, the monitor still have no signal sign, i'll try to use my friend's ram tomorrow, before i buy debugging card. Thanks again sir

Last edited:
May 30, 2019

So i already find out what makes my system had no signal, it's my cpu, it's die somehow, but i still had my motherboard and ram working nice, and now i'm planning on upgrading to new generation system hehe
so thanks a lot for your advice sir.