Question Monitor no signal, motherboard error 97, really need help. Tyvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2023
Just built my first ever pc and after installing windows 11 pro and downloading and updating drivers etc for not even use for more than 2 hours.

After trying to restart as per prompted but system due to updates, motherboard shows g code 97 continuously even after I tried powering off and on a few times.

Rolled back bios to post versions (0805 n 1212) and back to latest 14 version still getting 97 error code.

Tried clearing CMOS from button, pulled out battery etc (after powering off pulling out power supply cable), reseated gpu in slot 1 and 2 still same (initial boot up used slot 2) slot 3 not accessible as gpu too bulky)

Strix x670e-e gaming wifi

Thor plat ii 1000w

Samsung 980 pro 2tb ssd

No HDD

MSI suprim x 4090

Ryzen 9 7950x

Windows 11 pro

Noctua nh-d15 (CPU cooler)

Corsair 7000x

Benq ex3415r

Everything turns on lights fans etc but monitor just keeps showing no signal and motherboard error 97

Really need advices, tyvm.

Jul 2, 2023
Something to suggest that its the GPU that making this code. Try and Restart to the bios and enable legacy mode to see if the 4090 is recognized.
Tried entering bios with gpu slotted but monitor just shows no signal, only if I removed the gpu and connect via dp to motherboard will there be any boot image showing up on monitor.

Jul 2, 2023
Hopefuly someone can come help you more and give you more ideas if you cant get into bios because csm is disabled! Your system is not recognizeing the 4090 and hopefuly you can get this fixed
Appreciate your help so far, hopefully there will be more advices, really at a lose of what to do now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.