Question Monitor no signal (then goes black) but I can still hear audio ?

Sep 6, 2022
So I just build this pc a little more than a week ago, 4 days ago the problem starts happening, my monitor would go to black screen then no signal then black again when the gpu is under heavy load (I think, because everything was fine when i was just watching YouTube or small stuff and I was playing apex when it first happened). I've tried reinstalling drivers, reseating gpu, checking loose cables, but it didn't help. Now, if I turn on pc, the monitor only shows no signal then goes to black screen but I can still hear stuff if I press stuff like ctrl+win+shift+b .

Please help.

Motherboard Asrock B660M-HDV - LGA1700
AeroCool Power Supply LUX 550W Bronze
Kingston Fury BEAST 8GB DDR4 - 3200MHz x2
Samsung SSD 980 M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 500GB MZ-V8V500BW / SSD 500GB
VGA RX 6600 8GB ASROCK CHALLENGER GDDR6
PROCESSOR INTEL CORE I3 12100F 3.30 GHz
Paradox Gaming Dragon Slayer White ( 3 RGB fan ) Casing

Ask me if you need more info, please help

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If I were you, I'd have sourced a 650W unit for your build to have as headroom.

no signal then black again when the gpu is under heavy load
Try and source(borrow) a reliably built, higher wattage, donor PSU and see if the issue persists.

Reactions: indouswr
Sep 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If I were you, I'd have sourced a 650W unit for your build to have as headroom.

no signal then black again when the gpu is under heavy load
Try and source(borrow) a reliably built, higher wattage, donor PSU and see if the issue persists.

Hi, thank you for replying, I don't seem to have a friend that can help me out on borrowing a psu. So I'm thinking to just buy a new one, maybe a Corsair CV650 80 Bronze. But are you sure that it could be the psu, cause the first a couple of days there was no trouble. And if you still think it maybe is, is my current psu broken?