Monitor No Signal

jshelley199

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Just built my pc...All fans working...Planning to install win10 with a flash drive but my monitor gets no signal when I boot even when plugged into mobour or gpu, it worked with my old PC too...I'm using an MSI AERO GTX 1080 ti and anot MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon! Please help!

Solution
First double and triple check all your connector. Are they in the correct locations and are they seated firmly in the sockets? Next, remove the sata connector from the hard drive. Then, remove one RAM stick. Boot up and see if the bios comes up. If not, move the single RAM stick to another slot and try again. Also, try the second RAM stick. If you get it running on one RAM stick, check the mobo manual, and put the second RAM stick in the corresponding dual channel slot. Good luck.
First, unplug the PC from the wall socket. Take out the GPU. Then do a CMOS reset (take the button cell battery out of the mobo for 15 seconds and put it back in). This will reset the mobo bios to factory settings. Hook up the monitor to a video port on the mobo. Power up. Do you get into the bios screen now? If this works, install windows, then windows updates and mobo drivers. If everything is working, then install the GPU and GPU drivers.

jshelley199

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

I did it all but still doesn't work, here are all my specs https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vbrhMZ

First double and triple check all your connector. Are they in the correct locations and are they seated firmly in the sockets? Next, remove the sata connector from the hard drive. Then, remove one RAM stick. Boot up and see if the bios comes up. If not, move the single RAM stick to another slot and try again. Also, try the second RAM stick. If you get it running on one RAM stick, check the mobo manual, and put the second RAM stick in the corresponding dual channel slot. Good luck.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS