Monitor not correct size

Apr 23, 2018
Hello,

I recently got a 27in monitor. I already had 2 24in monitors. Now my PC detects the monitor as 24in, making the scaling a little weird.

Already looked up drivers. (Monitor is an iiyama ProLite B2712HDS)

Thanks.

Solution
Apr 23, 2018

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm running Win10, the 2 monitors are both 1080p. In the Monitor Arrangement section they show up same size, which they aren't. I have asked a friend about this, he told me it had to due with resolution.
Is there any way arround this?

If they are the same resolution, they will be the same size in Screen Resolution section. The computer will not change the size you see there based on their actual size, it just cares about the resolution. The computer does not have eyes, it can't see the size of the monitors. Larger monitor with same resolution will mean that items will seem to expand a bit when you move from screen to screen, that is why it's best to have same monitor models for dual screens.

Apr 23, 2018

Yeah, I noticed that, is there any way arround this?

Not without getting matching size and resolution monitors, or I would have suggested something.

The system does not care or know the actual size of the screen only the resolution. You can't have a 27" and a 24" screen be the same resolution and have them all look exactly the same, you have an extra 3 inches of space for the same resolution. If you put 1 gallon of water into a 10x6 inch bucket then same 1 gallon of water into a 12x7 inch bucket, the water will have different shapes. That is what you are doing when you have different size monitors.

Solution