[SOLVED] Monitor Not Detected, No Option in Bios

Feb 27, 2021
I got a TUF Gaming B450M Pro motherboard and I am trying to set up my 2nd monitor. Both of my monitors are connected to the CPU thru HDMI. BIOS does not show option to enable dual monitor.

Solution
Hi, thank you so much who helped me on this issue. Found out that my dvi for the 2nd monitor to be connection to the gpu is indead not working. So I bought a dvi to hdmi cable instead and voila both monitors are now working. Phew! This issue is now resolved.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I got a TUF Gaming B450M Pro motherboard and I am trying to set up my 2nd monitor. Both of my monitors are connected to the CPU thru HDMI. BIOS does not show option to enable dual monitor.
Need more information.
What other parts are you using. The motherboard only has 1 HDMI port and that will only work if your CPU has built in graphics.

Since your saying 2 HDMI connectors are being used both should be hooked up to the video card and their no settings in BIOS for that.

Feb 27, 2021
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six-core
64-bit OS
Nvidia geforce gt 1030
Integrated Ramdac

Not sure if this info helps. Tried switching one to dvi but still no go.

Feb 27, 2021
I tried connecting both monitors to the video card, 1 hdmi and 1 dvi. Only the hdmi is working and the dvi one is still not being detected. When i removed the hdmi and used the dvi connected monitor only it does not work and only show blank screen. Is it the dvi being defective?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021
Hi, thank you so much who helped me on this issue. Found out that my dvi for the 2nd monitor to be connection to the gpu is indead not working. So I bought a dvi to hdmi cable instead and voila both monitors are now working. Phew! This issue is now resolved.

Solution