Monitor not detecting

oi oi

Honorable
May 28, 2013
hi,
so i have been using a 2 monitor set-up for a long while now, however the other day, my 2nd monitor stopped working when i tried to start up the system again after not having used the system in a day. the monitor was connected to my system with a VGA cable into a connector: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009C6LMT6/ref=oh_au...
into the slot in the back of my XFX 7870. this set-up has worked for a long time and all of a sudden stops.

When i turn the monitor on it displays a connecting type image but does nothing. and due to it giving me an image i doubt its the monitor not working.

I have tried a different VGA cable and still nothing, i have EVEN switched my 2nd monitor with another spare monitor, still my computer will not recognise either of them...

when it was working i did have a power-cut, but it worked fine afterwards so im not sure if that may be a cause.

UPDATE: i installed new drivers for my Graphics card, now when i press detect it says "Another Display not detected"...im lost. need help. SOS. pls.

Thanks for any and all help. much is needed!