Monitor not diplaying 1920 x 1080

Peridot

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
I have a BenQ G2412HD monitor and an AMD Radeon R7 265. When I check the screen resolution in the control panel, it tells me that its at 1920 x 1080, but the black bars around my screen say otherwise. I have the newest AMD Catalyst drivers. Help?

Solution

This is normally caused by outdated GPU drivers. Now I know you said that it's updated but just to be sure check again. If that's not the issue, the monitor may require a specific driver. Go to the official BenQ Website and search for your monitor's model number in the support section. Once you find it there should be a drivers section. Download and install the latest driver and it should work.

XtremeAero426

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

This is normally caused by outdated GPU drivers. Now I know you said that it's updated but just to be sure check again. If that's not the issue, the monitor may require a specific driver. Go to the official BenQ Website and search for your monitor's model number in the support section. Once you find it there should be a drivers section. Download and install the latest driver and it should work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS