Question Monitor not displaying after installing new motherboard

Sep 13, 2020
I recently assembled a PC for my buddy's little brother and almost comically, he managed to have it crash to the floor less than a day after I delivered it, destroying the motherboard in the process.

He bought a replacement board, so I spent last night throwing it all back together.
It didn't seem to have any issues until it finally came to testing with a monitor connected. Both HDMI and VGA connected monitors were displaying "No signal". I did notice that my VGA monitor seemed to briefly acknowledge that it was being connected by quickly flickering, but otherwise displayed nothing.

I first tried checking all connections (which seemed solid) before pulling the GPU out. Nothing, so I pulled the CPU and RAM as well. I tried reseting the CMOS, still nothing. I finally tried yanking every connected cable save the motherboard power, still no display.
I ended up throwing it all back together just to test it with with a friend's monitor/cable for the hell of it, still nothing.

Is there anything else I could be missing that I haven't tried yet or does this sound like another bad board?
Any input would be much appreciated!

kanewolf

Titan
I recently assembled a PC for my buddy's little brother and almost comically, he managed to have it crash to the floor less than a day after I delivered it, destroying the motherboard in the process.

He bought a replacement board, so I spent last night throwing it all back together.
It didn't seem to have any issues until it finally came to testing with a monitor connected. Both HDMI and VGA connected monitors were displaying "No signal". I did notice that my VGA monitor seemed to briefly acknowledge that it was being connected by quickly flickering, but otherwise displayed nothing.

I first tried checking all connections (which seemed solid) before pulling the GPU out. Nothing, so I pulled the CPU and RAM as well. I tried reseting the CMOS, still nothing. I finally tried yanking every connected cable save the motherboard power, still no display.
I ended up throwing it all back together just to test it with with a friend's monitor/cable for the hell of it, still nothing.

Is there anything else I could be missing that I haven't tried yet or does this sound like another bad board?
Any input would be much appreciated!
A mechanical impact hard enough to break a motherboard could have broken the power supply or even the power button. You will have to go through a process of elmination.

Sep 13, 2020
A mechanical impact hard enough to break a motherboard could have broken the power supply or even the power button. You will have to go through a process of elmination.
I'd think it'd be implied that I did extensive testing after the initial impact to confirm that the motherboard was the reason the PC no longer powered up.

Every component connected to this new motherboard appear to receive power. All case fans/cpu fans/gpu fans spin when powered on, the front panel works fine, i/o usb was working fine. I've covered every conventional step of the process of elimination and still gotten nowhere with this.