Monitor not displaying any visual

Feb 19, 2016
Hey fellas,

My PC monitor (a small flatscreen telly) suddenly stopped showing any image of my PC, it was working every single day prior to today. I've tried multiple monitors and VGA cables but still no image on the screen. I'm beginning to think it's a problem with my PC. I really hope the motherboard isn't dead. Can anyone help?

UPDATE: I just tried disconnecting the GPU (again) and plugging it back in and, sure enough the monitor displayed visual. Don't know why it started to not display anything in the first place though. Anyway, cheers to everyone who posted! :D

Solution
Hi, the problem is most likely your GPU(graphics processing unit). It goes onto a slot on the motherboard(the heart of the computer). To test if it is your GPU, either have another one or plug the VGA cable into the motherboard port instead.

Isleepalot

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
Hi, the problem is most likely your GPU(graphics processing unit). It goes onto a slot on the motherboard(the heart of the computer). To test if it is your GPU, either have another one or plug the VGA cable into the motherboard port instead.

Solution
Feb 19, 2016

sorry, I took so long get back to you but anyway, I've tried plugging it in via the mobo, it didn't work I'm afraid. What to do now?

Feb 19, 2016

yes, they're getting power. But it just says "PC not available." ie: no signal is being received from the PC

TRENDING THREADS