Monitor not displaying anything after logging in, startup errors

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

l33tmaan

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Something strange happened about an hour ago. My computer froze while I was browsing the internet, and when I started it back up it wouldn't get back into Windows until I did a startup repair. So far, no problem.

However, now that the repair is done, whenever the windows animation finishes after booting... it goes into my password screen, and yet my monitor stops displaying anything. I type in my password and, sure enough, I hear myself logging in just fine. Yet, whenever I start in safe mode, I can login just fine. It doesn't seem like a hardware issue, and I'm rather stumped on what to do.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm currently posting from my computer, sans-safe mode. In an odd turn of events, I tried restarting the computer again, which prompted the startup repair... which couldn't fix my problems! So I try a system restore - no available dates to restore it to. Frustrated, but without any other options, I just restarted it again... and it worked. I can see everything just fine.
That being said, this is sort of worrying and I'm scared to turn my computer off again. Any help would still be very appreciated.

2ND EDIT: While I can still use the internet, it would appear that my desktop icons as well as the taskbar have vanished.

3RD EDIT: I tried to restart. Now it says a disk read error occurred and to press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to restart. One more failed startup repair later and it blue screened on restart with BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.
This is just a mess.

ok...we have to try another way then...
open cmd at elevated level...

type 'diskpart' to go to diskpart command...
then type 'list disks' to get a list of all the hdd/ssd...u have to identify the target disk from this list...
then 'select disk 0'(assuming 0 is ur disk assignment)...
then 'list volume' to list all the volumes in disk 0...
then 'select volume 1' (again assuming 1 is the target volume)...
then 'format fs=ntfs label=(name) quick' to format the drive...

refer to this for more details...or google diskpart...
http://www.jwgoerlich.us/blogengine/post/2009/11/05/Use-Diskpart-to-Create-and-Format-Partitions.aspx

u have to find a way to use disk management, partition wizard and diskpart in tandem...i cant remember the exact flowchart, but when i had similar issue around a year ago, it was resolved that way....so i m sure it can be done...