[SOLVED] Monitor not displaying while GPU is plugged in

Oct 28, 2020
Monitor not displaying while GPU is plugged in

hp tower elite 8200
4pcs 2GB RAM
GALAX GPU 1050 2GB

It was actually working before but when I got back from a trip the monitor is all black.

I tried removing the GPU and it was working though monitor was showing 164 error at first so I boot it.

Then I tried putting back the GPU and then 164 error also appeared once but after pressing F1 for boot it was black again.

should I change config on startup? Pls help

Solution
Your issue is not with monitor not displaying, your issue is the 164 error. Unplug wall power, remove the CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in battery and power, see if it turns on. If it does not, remove half the RAM and try it again. Not sure what your plan is to change config on startup is, unless you meant some BIOS options, but how will you do any of it if the system is not booting?
Your issue is not with monitor not displaying, your issue is the 164 error. Unplug wall power, remove the CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in battery and power, see if it turns on. If it does not, remove half the RAM and try it again. Not sure what your plan is to change config on startup is, unless you meant some BIOS options, but how will you do any of it if the system is not booting?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS