Question Monitor not getting signal in BIOS, in Linux and some other things too ?

Jaspe136

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
My monitor: Asus tuf vg27vh1b.
Graphics card: hp geforce gtx 1650(its a version with no display ports)
Cpu: Amd ryzen 5 3500.
The tv: Some 1080p 2017 LG smart tv.

Now this is kinda weird but my monitor for some reason wont show my bios when I boot to it. The monitor's light turns to the getting singal for like a second but there's nothing on the screen and then the light changes to the no signal light forever. And the funny thing is using the same hdmi cable and the same port on my graphics card it gets signal on my tv!!!. Immediately when I plug in the hdmi to my tv it shows the bios screen. And yesterday I installed a linux operating system on a usb(the operating system runs from the usb)using my tv because first I needed to change the boot order and was too lazy to change the hdmi back to the monitor as the port is in a hard place and takes me like half a minute to get it in the port.

But after there was no installation just burning the image to the usb was enough I turned my pc off. Changed the hdmi back to my monitor and booted up. ...................beeeeep.....................No singal. I could hear the beep that means that the linux is in the boot options. And by just using my memory I got it to boot up even when I didnt have nothing on the screen. After that I confirmed that the operating system is in the desktop by trying to get the mouse in the right side upper corner and then I clicked. Beeep. That means that I have clicked on the power options menu.

This means that the operating system is running. And changing the hdmi to my tv gets signal on the tv again. I have updated my graphics card driver. I have tried the motherboards hdmi port but I have no integrated gpu. What could help as the problem is not only present in the bios but also in linux and the windows 11 advanced boot options and if you press shift and restart it goes in the recovery options (in windows) nether does my monitor get signal in there. The only place my monitor gets signal in is windows(well not in the recovery and advanced boot options) . And all the places my monitor doesn't get signal in my tv does.

JerryC

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
My monitor: Asus tuf vg27vh1b.
Graphics card: hp geforce gtx 1650(its a version with no display ports)
Cpu: Amd ryzen 5 3500.
The tv: Some 1080p 2017 LG smart tv.

Now this is kinda weird but my monitor for some reason wont show my bios when I boot to it. The monitor's light turns to the getting singal for like a second but there's nothing on the screen and then the light changes to the no signal light forever. And the funny thing is using the same hdmi cable and the same port on my graphics card it gets signal on my tv!!!. Immediately when I plug in the hdmi to my tv it shows the bios screen. And yesterday I installed a linux operating system on a usb(the operating system runs from the usb)using my tv because first I needed to change the boot order and was too lazy to change the hdmi back to the monitor as the port is in a hard place and takes me like half a minute to get it in the port.

But after there was no installation just burning the image to the usb was enough I turned my pc off. Changed the hdmi back to my monitor and booted up. ...................beeeeep.....................No singal. I could hear the beep that means that the linux is in the boot options. And by just using my memory I got it to boot up even when I didnt have nothing on the screen. After that I confirmed that the operating system is in the desktop by trying to get the mouse in the right side upper corner and then I clicked. Beeep. That means that I have clicked on the power options menu.

This means that the operating system is running. And changing the hdmi to my tv gets signal on the tv again. I have updated my graphics card driver. I have tried the motherboards hdmi port but I have no integrated gpu. What could help as the problem is not only present in the bios but also in linux and the windows 11 advanced boot options and if you press shift and restart it goes in the recovery options (in windows) nether does my monitor get signal in there. The only place my monitor gets signal in is windows(well not in the recovery and advanced boot options) . And all the places my monitor doesn't get signal in my tv does.

Connect both the monitor and the TV to the system at the same time. All it will cost you is the price of a second cable. Assuming your GPU has more than one HDMI port...

That should allow you to trouble shoot the problem at the very least. It might simply be an issue with your monitor. Check the settings and make sure you don't have something strange turned on or off in its settings.