Monitor not getting signal

ANXsucks

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2016
I recently built a PC with new and used parts having the RAM and CPU as the only components bought used. But everything starts spinning when I turn it on but the monitor doesn't detect any signal. I tried removing the gpu and connecting the monitor to the motherboard but it still doesn't work.

Additionally, the cpu fan seems to spin on and off again 3 times before spinning continuously. I tried unplugging the RAM and the HDDs and the cpu fan started spinning continuously now but still no signal. Also when I put thermal paste on my cpu, small amounts of thermal paste accidentally dripped on the RAM slots and the cpu socket (not on the pins). I managed to remove some but there are still tiny amounts left. The thermal paste I used is a Deepcool z3, and it claims to be electrically non conductive.

The components I use are:
I5 3330
8gb Crucial UDIMM ddr3l RAM
Asrock h61m vg4
Corsair vs450
Galax GT 1030.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016

Where the Power, Reset and HDD lights plug in, there should be a set of prongs marked SPKR.

The "SPKR" in question is usually a very small cylinder (5mm x 10mm) with a short cable leading to a 3 or 4 pin plug, however usually only 2 pins are connected. Polarity isnt an issue, so it doesnt matter which way around it goes.

I have never seen this before but there are no pins for SPKR.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016

No, UDIMM is correct, it is just most people never bother including the "u".

Mentally, I am raging at ASR for dropping the SPKR port; no way to hear the BIOS beeps that tell you what error has occured.
Other versions of the board still have it, bloody cheese-parers.

OK, after some research, Intel have a secondary BIOS error system, watch to see if any of the case LED indicators flash, and make a note of the flash duration and numbers.

If they are blinking, there is a list of codes http://