Monitor not recieving signal! HELP!

opapotamus

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Ok this is my first build and things were going somewhat smoothly up until this point. I installed my motherboard, processor & heatsink (I wiped off the standard grease and used arctic silver), connected this and that cable and put in my graphics card. The memory is also installed. All the fans work and the power light on the front of the system comes on. The only problem is that I am getting a "no signal" message on my monitor! I tried connecting with both the dvi and analog connectors, but no luck. Anybody see what the problem is?

opapotamus

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Also, my keyboard is not working! The three lights (num, caps, and scroll lock) all light up once, but when the power is on I cannot click them on and off. :(

sodaman420

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Well, i'm no tech or anything but i'd say double check any connections and components for the video card, and then make sure it's got the proper drivers etc. just a guess but like i said im no techy :-/
-Tony

opapotamus

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I fixed the problem! One of my sticks of RAM was in the wrong slot :roll: I guess that made the entire thing not work. Thanks anyway!