Question Monitor not registering/turning-on for boot-up sequence.

Shurryy

Honorable
May 2, 2014
Bought a Viewsonic XG240R after the previous monitor started showing signs of dying.

Thing is, the old screen used a DVI-D port. This new one uses a Display Port, and it doesn't seem like the Display Port picks up any activity during the windows boot-up sequence. I could probably fix this if I could enter the start-up sequence and access bios, But... I can't see what I am doing.

I TURN ON the computer. The monitor remains OFF, UNTIL I can login to my Windows User account. That is when the lights come on and I can go about as usual.

If I try to enter BIOS by pressing the button repeatedly on start-up, I THINK it works and I enter the BIOS menu, since the boot-up sequence is paused and the monitor will never turn on.

As you may suspect, I can't actually tell if it works, because the monitor remains off. I am not about to start pressing random buttons while I may or may-not be in the BIOS menu. That could be disastrous.

Md Noman 1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2017
Bought a Viewsonic XG240R after the previous monitor started showing signs of dying.

Thing is, the old screen used a DVI-D port. This new one uses a Display Port, and it doesn't seem like the Display Port picks up any activity during the windows boot-up sequence. I could probably fix this if I could enter the start-up sequence and access bios, But... I can't see what I am doing.

I TURN ON the computer. The monitor remains OFF, UNTIL I can login to my Windows User account. That is when the lights come on and I can go about as usual.

If I try to enter BIOS by pressing the button repeatedly on start-up, I THINK it works and I enter the BIOS menu, since the boot-up sequence is paused and the monitor will never turn on.

As you may suspect, I can't actually tell if it works, because the monitor remains off. I am not about to start pressing random buttons while I may or may-not be in the BIOS menu. That could be disastrous.
That use to happen to me because of bad VGA cable i don't exactly know but try swapping the cable. and it could be the resolution check your monitor settings too. or if you want to change the bios use your old monitor or use a hdmi cable and plug it in to the home tv if you can .