monitor not sleeping

moot1414

Reputable
Mar 26, 2018
Having some trouble getting my monitor to automatically sleep. The weird thing is that my monitor will sleep in one of my other guest accounts on windows 10, but not in my main account.

I even tried closing everything in the systems tray, but can't diagnose which program is causing my monitor to not sleep. This is because sometimes sleep will randomly happen after closing the apps, and sometimes sleep will not happen after closing all apps.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the programs that start by default in guest account and main account:

https://imgur.com/a/BG8T9Sj

moot1414

Reputable
Mar 26, 2018

Thank you! I'll give the recommendations in that thread a try when I get home. Although, shouldn't the same USB devices still be connected, since I'm able to get my computer to turn the monitors off on the same computer, but different account?

Also, I did some searching, and wasn't able to find an answer for IPS monitors, but any harm in just leaving the monitors on all the time? I imagine this will shorten the lifespan of the monitor, but haven't been able to find anything specific to my type of monitor, just CRT and LCD.

I appreciate the help :)