Monitor not turning on - "no signal" - Help!

buckpick

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
So I just built a new PC, and I put it all together, just to find that the monitor wouldn't turn on when I connected it up. I turn the PC on and it all runs fine; the fans all spin and everything; the only problem is the monitor.

I've tried with different monitors, different graphics cards, different RAM, i've moved the RAM around and just used one stick, I've used a different power supply, and yet there is still this problem.

I'll give you my specs, just in case there's some compatibility problem that I'm too stupid to notice:

Motherboard: M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU: AMD Phenom Quad 9750 2.4Ghz
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512MB
PSU: 600W ATX SurgeControl Power Supply
RAM: 1GB Kingston PC2-6400 (and 2 sticks of 512MB Nanya PC2-4200)

Hopefully someone can help me out on this one, because I don't want to assume straight away that the mobo is damaged.

Beyond that, which is what you should do first, I notice no Phenom IIs are listed on the Supported CPU list for that board. The board SHOULD be compatible despite that, but perhaps there is a problem.

Did you update the BIOS?

diggzy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
reseat the card i had the same problem a while ago also flash the bios take the battry out and put it bk in with the power off that also helps

buckpick

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Ah, it turns out that when I reseated the CPU (after a different problem), I inserted it back in wrong, so it's all good now. Thanks anyway guys.