[SOLVED] Monitor not turning on on boot when im installing a driver or windows update that requires a system restart.

dimitris79gr

Honorable
May 8, 2016
Hello everyone! I know that what i wrote below is very long but please read it because i really need some help.

So about a month ago i updated the BIOS on my motherboard for no particular reason and nothing really happened as far as i remember. Since then i have bought 2 new sticks of ram and everything seemed to work fine (im not saying that the ram could be the problem im just pointing that out because those were the changes i made to the system before i experienced this problem) So fast forward 3-5 days im installing the latest sound driver and when the installer was done it told me to reboot my computer and so i did. My computer shut down normally and then turned back on. When it turned back on my monitor didnt detect any kind of signal from my GPU and everything else except the monitor seemed to be working inside the case (fans spinning etc). I waited for about a minute and i eventually gave up and forcefully shut down the pc by holding down the power button. When i turned it back on the fans started spinning for about 2 seconds and after that it turned off by itself. Without me doing anything after another 2 seconds the pc turned ON on its own and it booted normally into windows. That happens whenever i install a windows update or update/install a new driver that restarts the pc. What should i do? Could i downgrade my bios and see if the problem is still there?

Motherboard: ASUS Prime A320M-r (Bios 5222)

Solution
Hello

Can you please check if any update for the graphics card driver is available? Also please check for any Windows updates.

The next thing you may want to do is, Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if it works.

Sometime, booting Windows in Safe Mode and then booting back in Normal Mode does the trick as well.

If nothing works, you can go ahead and try downgrading the BIOS and see the results.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

Can you please check if any update for the graphics card driver is available? Also please check for any Windows updates.

The next thing you may want to do is, Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if it works.

Sometime, booting Windows in Safe Mode and then booting back in Normal Mode does the trick as well.

If nothing works, you can go ahead and try downgrading the BIOS and see the results.

Cheers!!

Reactions: dimitris79gr
Solution

dimitris79gr

Honorable
May 8, 2016
Hello

Cheers!!
Hello! thanks for the reply! I dont know if what i did fixed it for good but ever since i updated the amd chipset driver the problem simply vanished! I had a few windows updates since then and my pc seems to restart normally!