Monitor not waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Hi everyone.

My problem is that whenever I use the sleep function on my Windows 7 PC, the PC wakes up fine, but the monitor does not. I have to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in. Then it works. Also, the folders etc are all resized afterwards, which is indicating a GPU driver issue to me.

I know this issue has been posed numerous times... I have read dozens of forum threads in Tom's Hardware, Overcklockers, Windows forum (though they are generally rubbish) and many others. I also read blogs.

Unfortunately, I was not able to fix this. So here it is.

I have built this PC 4 years ago (Spec below). Sleep was never a problem. About half a year ago, I installed an SSD on it and installed a fresh version of Windows 7 (I had Windows 7 with the same installation before as well). Then, I tweaked a few things, like moved the download folder, cache folders etc to other hard drives.

I also disabled pagefile.sys and hybernate.sys (or whatever it is called). I then noticed that sleep the monitor was not waking from sleep, though the PC was, but had other stuff to do. Later, I re enabled them both, but this did not fix the issue.

I made a clean install of my graphics driver. It did solve it, but only until I restarted the PC again.

My Specs are as follows:

Intel i5 3570 - CPU
Nvidea GTX 660 - GPU
Asrock H77 Pro4 - M - Mobo
Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB
12GB of DDR3 Ram (forgot which, I think Corsair)
WIndows 7 fairly updated OS (up to Feb 2017, minus the spyware-updates).
Samsung S23B300 monitor.

Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers.