Question Monitor Not Working when connected to Graphics VGA Port

May 9, 2019
Hello Everybody.
My PC (Win 7 Professional x 64 bit) was working fine until yesterday.However today morning it wasn't.
At first, as soon as i pressed power button, the monitor shows the "ECS" screen as usual (my motherboard : ECS H61H2-M4) but unlike loading into win 7 startup it just hangs there for a while and shuts off and then pc keeps rebooting and shutting down until the power is cut.This is not the first time, so i had found a way to fix this a long back and i did the same. opened CPU, disconnected the HDD and then powered on, again Powered off,Now i reconnected the HDD and Booted.This time the Fans were working fine which implied the pc was running,but the visual was not there. after few attempts i found out that with the motherboard VGA port the monitor works fine but with the Graphics Card VGA the screen remains black with "no signal " in the first few seconds.
i tried everything i could think of and got to know from google.i tried reseat the ram( DDR3,4GB), Processor (i3,3.2GHZ), Graphics Card(Nvidia GT 640 DDR3 2GB) and even cleaned the the hardwares but no luck with that. Next i started the PC using motherboard Vga port and uninstalled the Nvidia drivers and tried installing again ,only to find the message "your driver hasn't found any compatible hardware.Iopen command prompt and enable hidden devices to 1 and open device manager, there was no sign of my graphics card. not even a device with yellow mark.Next, i rebooted and open BIOS menu but i couldn't find the graphics setting in the advanced setting tab. there is no option for graphics there. there was another menu called M.I.B where i could find only intel graphics setting and overclocking menu.

I even tried re installing the motherboard drivers but no luck. the pc runs with intel graphics if connected to motherboard vga port.
please help me solve it. Anyone .

to get an idea of my BIOS menu please click here:
https://images.anandtech.com/doci/5360/2 - Advanced.JPG
P.S: images are from google.

So you get an error when installing drivers for the video card, there is no image when you connect a monitor to the video card, the system does not see the video card connected, but computer works fine on the motherboard.

I would start with the fact that the video card is bad, possibly the power supply. But try another video card first.

May 9, 2019
if the video card is bad, then how come the graphics card fans are running? as for power supply there is no extrat 8 pin or 6 pin pconnectors
plus i would like to remind you my pc was working fine until yesterday night and i was playing Sims 4, Hiitman Absolution on it.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019
I'm leaning on that the GPU has failed.
I think a good sign of this is that the driver can't find the device.
I would try another one in there just to confirm if you have one available.
well i think the driver isnt supposedto the find the device unless the pc powered on through the graphics card vga port.So says the installations manual, which in my case..i have been able to see visuals only through motherboard VGA and when tried installing nvdia drivers theni got that mssg.

May 9, 2019
possibly. i dont have any idea about it. anywaythanks for responding.

Also:
At first, as soon as i pressed power button, the monitor shows the "ECS" screen as usual (my motherboard : ECS H61H2-M4) but unlike loading into win 7 startup it just hangs there for a while and shuts off and then pc keeps rebooting and shutting down until the power is cut.~ this keeps happening

if the video card is bad, then how come the graphics card fans are running? as for power supply there is no extrat 8 pin or 6 pin pconnectors
plus i would like to remind you my pc was working fine until yesterday night and i was playing Sims 4, Hiitman Absolution on it.

Everything that breaks at some point was working, so the fact that it was working yesterday does not really mean much. Fans running does not equal card working, only that the fans are getting power.

Without trying a known good video card in the system you won't know if it's the card or something else like the PCIe slot or power supply. If you try a working card and that also does not work, then you can look at other possibilities.