Question Monitor not working

May 2, 2022
I have a problem with my monitor. About 1-2 weeks ago the power button wasnt responding well and didnt always work. It got worse afterwards until it stopped working completely today. What should I do?

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model monitor?

Age, condition (new, used, refurbished)?

Are you sure that the power source (wall outlet, power strip, etc.) for the monitor is reliable?

Any LED's on the monitor? If so, do any of them light up at all?

Try a known working video cable. The monitor might just be on but a video cable problem may be preventing any actual display.

Otherwise it is likely that the power button has failed in some manner.

The power button may or may not be replaceable/repairable.

May 2, 2022
Make and model monitor?

Age, condition (new, used, refurbished)?

Are you sure that the power source (wall outlet, power strip, etc.) for the monitor is reliable?

Any LED's on the monitor? If so, do any of them light up at all?

Try a known working video cable. The monitor might just be on but a video cable problem may be preventing any actual display.

Otherwise it is likely that the power button has failed in some manner.

The power button may or may not be replaceable/repairable.

I bought the monitor used a few yers back and its in good condition until today. The power source is fine bc my pc is working fine. There are LEDs on the button and they dont work either. The monitor is LG Flatron E2242T

Ralston18

Titan
Do you still have the User Manual?

If not, then try the following link:

https://www.lg.com/hk_en/support/manuals

Enter in E2242T and there should be three manuals listed - you will to select the full model number applicable to your monitor.

Work through any troubleshooting steps provided in the manual.

If nothing works then it is likely that the monitor has failed in some way. Depending on where you live, there could be someone qualified and capable of making repairs. However, parts (if available) and labor could cost more than a new monitor. And it is quite likely that something else could fail in the monitor.

Doubt that the repair place would offer any additional warranties under those circumstances. Maybe just 30 days or so for the repaired switch if the switch is indeed the problem.