Question Monitor only displays an image 10 seconds after boot up

May 6, 2022
My computer only displays an image 10 seconds after boot up/ wake up from sleep. After that the monitor does not display images like when the computer dies (not blackscreen) even though the pc still on (fan and hdd indicator still on). If I leave the computer until sleep on its own and I wake up my pc (mouse click) Monitor displays the image again but only 10 seconds and the cycle is repeated.

Chronology:
Shutdown my computer (normal method) and pull the cable from the outlet. the next day when i want use my computer that thing happen.

Specs :
Procecor = intel i3 -8100
Motherboard = asrock h310m hdv
Psu = be quiet u9

Things that have been tried :
  • disconect all cable motherboard from psu
  • remove and reinstall ram
  • test the monitor using laptop ( its work fine)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Specs :
Psu = be quiet u9

Your specs are incomplete. Please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Are you able to get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? If you're in BIOS, can you check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Did you try using another known working cable to tether the monitor to your motherboard/display output?

Reactions: casava
May 6, 2022

Specs :
Psu = be quiet u9

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Are you able to get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? If you're in BIOS, can you check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Did you try using another known working cable to tether the monitor to your motherboard/display output?

CPU: intel i3 81000
Motherboard: asrock h310m hdv
Ram: team elite plus black 8 gb( 2x4gb)
SSD/HDD: wd green 500 gb
GPU: no gpu
PSU: be quiet u9
Chassis: infinity
monitor: lg 22mk430

i try to boot up my computer right now but now it didn't give any displays. unfortunately i only have hdmi cable but i can assure the cable is working fine.

May 6, 2022

Specs :
Psu = be quiet u9

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

before this problem my computer also have problem sometimes after i shutdown (normal method) and pull the cable from socket after that my computer not booting up. but this problem can be solve by pull and plug 24 pin+ cpu pin and leave it few hour/days. but i didnt encounter this problem more than 2 month. also my gpu (i buy second hand zotac 1050) die around 1 year before my problem above.