Monitor OR GPU?

Nzxtducky

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
So I finally was able to upgrade my monitor and so I did and purchased a Benq XL2411. The minute I plugged the dv-id cable into the back of my graphics card it saw horrible red lines everywhere. So I Though maybe that port was messed up and switched it to the 2nd dvi- d connector on my 7970 and worked perfectly fine. After checking that my drivers where up to date and going through all my monitor setting I came to the conclusion that it could be the cable. So today I went and bought a new dvi-d cable and once i plugged it in the first port it did it again. Before I think of rma the monitor I have it plugged directly to my motherboards dvi-d connector and it works just fine... I'm so confused can anyone help me out. I have linked the pictures of the "redish artifacts i get when i use my top dvi-d connector that supports the 144hz. http://imgur.com/Lv4xZ9I,8HMiMPF,EU0q405

Nzxtducky

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
My older monitor uses vga so the vga to dvi-i adaptor works perfectly fine on the top port of the graphics card. I plugged it to the back of the new monitor and it also works just fine...

Vic Rattlehead

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
Strange. You may want to give your GPU manufacturer a shout and see if there may be a problem with the GPU and monitor handshaking. Sounds like the components & the cable are working fine since they work just fine individually.

Nzxtducky

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

Could be but it doesn't make sense to me that the old monitor works on that port. I did jump in a game really quick and i hear a lot of coil wine coming from the gpu. I'm contacting the company lets see what they say.

DVI to VGA uses completely different pins so it is certainly possible for the digital part of it to be bad.

Coil whine is not a sign of a problem.

Nzxtducky

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

ah i see well, I am going to rma the gpu first and hope that solves the problem . Thank you though your feedback has helped alot dude.

TRENDING THREADS