Monitor OR TV for Corporate Office

smilch

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015
Are there any large tv screen out there that will have the same resolution as a monitor . I have been challaged with the task of setting up 2 42 inch screens in an office for daily use ( looking at excel sheets etc) from the initial testing i have done with my 54 inch sony Bravia and a samsung tv at my job , the tv just don't cut it . Have I already given my self the answer which is If tv were made to be monitors then they would not make both

Solution
A 1080 TV has the same resolution as a 1080 monitor, which is 1920 x 1080, so yes they do have the same resolution. If you are using it for Excel sheets at distance you would not want to have too high of a resolution as the text will get too small to read. You can also look for what is called a "Large Format Display" which is basically a TV sized monitor but made for use with computers and video conferencing equipment rather than television use. Those I think are also 1080 but they are tuned to display computer images rather than movies / TV signals.

If you want higher resolution than that you need to look at the new 4K TVs or something smaller like a 30-32" monitor. I don't think there is a 42" display with a higher resolution...
A 1080 TV has the same resolution as a 1080 monitor, which is 1920 x 1080, so yes they do have the same resolution. If you are using it for Excel sheets at distance you would not want to have too high of a resolution as the text will get too small to read. You can also look for what is called a "Large Format Display" which is basically a TV sized monitor but made for use with computers and video conferencing equipment rather than television use. Those I think are also 1080 but they are tuned to display computer images rather than movies / TV signals.

If you want higher resolution than that you need to look at the new 4K TVs or something smaller like a 30-32" monitor. I don't think there is a 42" display with a higher resolution than 1080.

Solution