Monitor or TV for Xbox one/360

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hey guys, Currently my HD TV is upstairs in the bedroom along with my Xbox one and 360. However due to Wife and Daughter i rarely get to play as i feel bad sitting upstairs and not being involved.

So i had the idea of buying a 24-27inch HDTV or PC monitor which i can put on a PC desk along with my xbox's downstairs in the living room and that way i can be around my family and actually get to play my xbox!

Im not going to bother getting a PC as i had one before and sold it as i realised im not a pc gamer. I prefer consoles and my gamerscore :D! So my current laptop will do.

Now my question is, Do i get a small HDtv or a Small Gaming monitor? Or will it not really matter?

Would this be ok? http://www.very.co.uk/acer-k242hla-widescreen-lcd-24-inch-monitor/1424040630.prd

For sound i have a pair of sony headphones that i like and i plan on just plugging them into the monitor or tv.

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I already have a TV in the living room. Lol.

The reason im getting something else is so my wife and daughter can still watch TV and i can be around them.

I was told a gaming monitor would be better than a small TV.

Clicky999

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Are You In the uk because I have a monitor I use for just the same reason as you I will send you the link if your in the uk it's really good as it has a 2ms rate so it's a beast at gaming and the picture is quality is about £120 hdmi and vga And built in speakers which aren't great but by the sound of it you won't be using them anyway

In fact it's just under £100 now

CreationP

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Xbox can reach up to 720p so you do not need a full hd monitor. PC Monitor is better if you want to play games on a PC because the PC has the technology to take advantage of the monitor. Whatever you buy is ok. Actually, the same. Just make sure you buy a monitor/TV with a good contrast ratio 500000000/1 is excellent for example or if you can find an 8000000000/1 is even better. The 5 vs 8 ms is a scam, do not take ms into consideration. You can go up to 8ms with no problem. And in order to have the best for your money try to find a 1080p (full HD) monitor/tv.

At the end of the day, they are the same thing with different marketing that makes some more expensive than the other.

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Yeah im in the UK. The only issue is that the one i linked is pay monthly, Which i would be able to afford as its £10 a month no interest.

Spending the £120 in full whack will hurt my bank.

Link me anyway.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The Xbox is a console. It was primarily designed to be used with a TV. Since most newer monitors and Tv's are at least 720p capable, it will make no difference to the Xbox as to which it is viewed on. The only discernable difference I can see is the connections, with newer Tv's having a more adaptable variety, while monitors are usually only hdmi, pc, dvi and display port capable. At 1080p, a TV is far more versatile vrs a monitor without having to resort to adapters.

Clicky999

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
well your best choice from me which i have used and are using now is the link i sent you before in my opinion its a great size for gaming when you sit near it and also for the money its great and it has a 2ms refresh rate so its well worth it

Clicky999

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
well i would reccomed that one i sent as its cheap and v v good quality i play xbox one on mine like forza 5 and forza horizon 2 and call of duty i find no lag just great frames and quality

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
If im able to afford your monitor that is the one i will get.

But atm gettong one on "finance" seems the only viable option for me.

Can you please take a look at this

http://www.very.co.uk/acer-k242hla-widescreen-lcd-24-inch-monitor/1424040630.prd

Product Description Acer K242HL - LED monitor - 24"
Device Type LED-backlit LCD monitor - 24"
Panel Type TN
Aspect Ratio Widescreen - 16:9
Native Resolution FullHD 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
Pixel Pitch 0.276 mm
Brightness 250 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 100000000:1 (dynamic)
Response Time 2 ms (gray-to-gray)
Colour Support 16.7 million colours
Input Connectors HDMI, DVI, VGA
Display Position Adjustments Tilt
Colour Glossy black
Dimensions (WxDxH) 56.7 cm x 20.68 cm x 42.22 cm
Weight 3.57 kg
Localisation EMEA
Microsoft Certification Compatible with Windows 7
Environmental Standards ENERGY STAR Qualified
Compliant Standards MPR II
Manufacturer Warranty 2 years warranty

Its £119 and im able to pay £10 a month.

Is that as good as yours? Better? the same?

Will it do everything i want?