Question Monitor out of range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2019
Hi, been having a lot of issues with a new graphics card. When i try to connect my VGA monitor to the graphics card it says monitor out of range (60hz), did a lot of research and found a solution that didn't work for me:

Got the pc in safe mode, uninstalled and removed graphics drivers (RX 580 8GB) and restarted the pc. The monitor works with the graphics card, but as I don't have drivers, the card doesn't work, can't play any game or anything.
If I try to install its drivers, the graphics card work but the monitor goes out of range again, and if i do not do anything after a few minutes it auto-downloads some windows drivers and the monitor goes out of range.
The VGA Monitor works with the integrated graphics (intel hd 630)
thanks

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
out of range also means the resolution is higher than the monitor can support. a 60hz display can accept a 144hz signal. but it will not be smooth, over half the frames must be dropped.
if after the driver install the resolution is set to 1440p instead of 1080p, then your 1080p monitor cannot display that resolution and you get an out of range message onscreen.
install the driver then go into safe mode and set the display to a lower resolution, then reboot and see if that does it for you

Nov 27, 2019
out of range also means the resolution is higher than the monitor can support. a 60hz display can accept a 144hz signal. but it will not be smooth, over half the frames must be dropped.
if after the driver install the resolution is set to 1440p instead of 1080p, then your 1080p monitor cannot display that resolution and you get an out of range message onscreen.
install the driver then go into safe mode and set the display to a lower resolution, then reboot and see if that does it for you

Just did what you said, but the resolution was already at 1080p so I lowered it down to the recommended for that monitor and still out of range. I don't know what else to do, the monitor is not so old.

Status
Not open for further replies.