Question Monitor popping sound when display refreshes

Sekab20

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
I have an IIyama ProLite E2407HDS that has had a strange popping sound for some years.
It pops when doing a few things but has recently got worse. One is loading games. As soon as the screen goes black when a game is launched there is one loud pop from the monitors speakers at the same time as the monitor went black. It also does this when changing the resolution in game.
Another instance is popping when the display goes off and on when updating the grapics card driver.

It wasnt a problem at first as it didnt really interrupt anything. However when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 the problem got worse. The pop sound would happening every couple of minutes even if the screen hadn't gone blank.

I originally didnt know if the sound was coming from the speakers so i removed them from the monitor which did stop the pop.
I am just curious to see if anyone else has had this problem and knows what might me the cause of this and why it got worse when Windows 10 was installed.

Did you try using another connector type or test on another computer? Sounds like you have an issue with the monitor, it should not be popping when changing resolutions, or at least not loudly. Since you had this happening for years I'd guess it's out of warranty already.

Sekab20

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
Did you try using another connector type or test on another computer? Sounds like you have an issue with the monitor, it should not be popping when changing resolutions, or at least not loudly. Since you had this happening for years I'd guess it's out of warranty already.
No I didn't test a another cable type. Im using HDMI so that could be the problem. Its also the same on other computers as it did the same thing on my old computer and was using a completely graphics card.
As for it happening when changing the resolution, that only happened in game it didn't happen when changing the desktop resolution.

TRENDING THREADS