PC specs
cpu: ryzen 5800
gpu rtx 3060ti
motherboard: b550 gaming carbon wifi
ram: corsair 2x16 vengeance
1tb Samsung sata ssd qvo + 2tb seagate barracuda 7200 rpm
psu: corsair 650cx flat pin 13 a 650w + bronze certification
case: td500

Installed ubuntu in it. what is happening is monitor powers off and shows no signal detected. initially i thought it was due to mobo installation cause it is my first build ever and was having issue starting the build, due to my mistake of not plugging in my psu. This time limit is not fixed, was using a LG 24MP59G monitor before so i thought it could be monitor issue, plugged in my 10 year old desktop monitor and still the same issue arises, have connected the power supply of monitor and psu to a 16A 240V adaptor, though this is happening a lot. Yet to close off the case. So, the corsair cx650 has flat pin to work around that i am using an international pinconnector. Please help me in my issue. thanks

Solution
Wait... it is Linux, particularly Ubuntu, yes? It must have basic picture even if video card drivers are not included in kernel. And RTX 3060 with no picture on both monitors? Seems Ubuntu repository still have old NVIDIA drivers - lazy ones :)

Well, boot into recovery mode, then you will get picture back. Launch Driver Manager, switch to nouveau driver, reboot. Now boot in normal mode - picture must return. Add NVIDIA driver PPA:

# sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
# sudo apt update

Launch Driver Manager again. You should notice latest NVIDIA drivers (460.32 at today). Switch to these drivers. Reboot. Picture must still present and NVIDIA Settings control panel in programs list must appear. If that happens, you...
Jan 11, 2021
how did you connect the monitor to the GPU? Any adapters used?

no adapter used, though for the old one, i had to use male to female hdmi converter. for the LG monitor it was just the hdmi cable to the gpu hdmi slot 1 and inserting monitor power supply to the same extension board of socket for psu. Would like to ask one more question, should the td 500 mesh case fans run normally? or would they run in case of overheating?

Jan 11, 2021
Which Ubuntu version are you using?

BIOS of your motherboard is up to date?

Install windows 10 (without key) and have a look if this is happening there too
20.04.1 LTS ubuntu
yes, it is not the beta bios version but it is updated
i don't see an issue in that as it flickered even in bios loading menu

Wait... it is Linux, particularly Ubuntu, yes? It must have basic picture even if video card drivers are not included in kernel. And RTX 3060 with no picture on both monitors? Seems Ubuntu repository still have old NVIDIA drivers - lazy ones :)

Well, boot into recovery mode, then you will get picture back. Launch Driver Manager, switch to nouveau driver, reboot. Now boot in normal mode - picture must return. Add NVIDIA driver PPA:

# sudo apt update

Launch Driver Manager again. You should notice latest NVIDIA drivers (460.32 at today). Switch to these drivers. Reboot. Picture must still present and NVIDIA Settings control panel in programs list must appear. If that happens, you are good.

Solution
Jan 11, 2021
20.04.1 LTS ubuntu
yes, it is not the beta bios version but it is updated
i don't see an issue in that as it flickered even in bios loading menu

# sudo apt update

Launch Driver Manager again. You should notice latest NVIDIA drivers (460.32 at today). Switch to these drivers. Reboot. Picture must still present and NVIDIA Settings control panel in programs list must appear. If that happens, you are good.

# sudo apt update

updated the drivers beforehand, a query though will cpu fans work at all times or only when overheated?will be looking at it from -psu perspective

CPU fan usually are always working. On low RPM at idle and faster when CPU become hotter prolonged time. Linux is not exclusion here. If CPU fan is on constant high RPM, fix power management issues. In Ubuntu 20 power management should work out of box. However as some folks mentioned, 5.4 version kernel is not power management friendly with Zen2 and Zen3 CPUs yet. Go back in recovery mode and upgrade kernel to at least 5.8 (it is already present in Ubuntu repository). Or change Grub boot mode options as they said:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard"

Seems for proper Zen2 and Zen3 ACPI support in Ubuntu etc. Linux brethren must wait until at least 5.9 kernel will hit repositories as default kernel.