Monitor Problem Need Help!

wuut

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002
I bought a 19" NEC Multisync FP912sb about 6 months ago. For the past 3 days it has been doing this weird wave. The whole screen does the wave vertically from the sides in. It is very annoying. I degaussed it and it did nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
"Weird wave", do you mean like a continuous jitter, side to side?

That would be electrical interference. If so, the frequency of the jitter will change when you change refresh rates.

Do you have any electrical motors, like an AC fan nearby, or on the same circuit? Do you have another monitor next to the one with the problem? Did you move a power cord parallel to the video cable? If any of these is true then move the item further away.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 06/16/03 09:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

wuut

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002
Thanks for the advice. I will look at the cables and hopefully fix the problem. The wave is a slow and gradual one that kind of warps the screen as it works it's way up. The funny thing is that it was working just fine for 6 months and now it starts this deal. I will try and seperate the cable from everything else to try and prevent the interference. Thanks again for the advice.

wuut

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002
Thanks for trying. I think it is something to do with electrical interferance but have not found the problem yet. Anybody else have any ideas I am more than open to them.

Thanks

nach

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
Constant electro magnetic fields can damage electronic circuits.

Did you place a power cord or appliance near monitor in the last few days?

Get rid of it.

nach

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
Oh yes wuut, please also check your monitor lead from the video card, it could have gone faulty. Probably should not be the electromagnetics first, but its also possible.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Take it to a friends house and plug it in there to see if the same happens?

I mean just the CRT, plug it into his computer?

Bring his/her computer to your place and try there?

The loving are the daring!