Question Monitor problem

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
So I've bought a new monitor 3 days ago and everything was working alright, but today, I turned on the pc, I entered csgo, but then the screen turned black for a few seconds, then back to normal a few seconds, then black again. I tried R6 siege too, but the same story. I tried to open Morrowind but it worked just fine. I tried cs 1.6 warzone and minecraft to see if it's a steam problem. It was not. And analysing all of this, it happens mostly where games are a little more demanding (not cs 1,.6 though, i have no idea what could the problem be at that game), and I'm afraid it might not be the monitor's fault, because yesterday, using amd radeon settings, I've created 2 custom resolutions, which are 1280x960 and 1440x1080 (for csgo as I didn't had those resolutions from default), ignoring amd's warning (not literally ignored, but rather ignorant. I didn't care about that because I thought lots of other people use it as well so I thought it'll be allright), that said it might possibly damage my processor and even all of my components (I own an Athlon 200GE, for those who ask, my gpu is on its way to me). So I created the resolutions, then I hopped into cs and I played with my new resolutions. It all worked almost perfectly...until now. Should I try to test it with my old monitor? To see if the monitor's faulty? Or I ducked up my entire pc? If this helps, my monitor is a Acer Gaming RG240YBMIIX 23.8 inch, 75Hz, IPS, 1ms, FreeSync. I really need your help.

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
Thanks for your help, but it kinda solved by itself. I've connected my old monitor to the pc and everything seemed to work fine, no problems. I thought it was the monitor that was faulty, but when I connected my main monitor back, I gave it a last try. Surprise, surprise...it worked. Maybe it was the HDMI cable not connected properly. Although when I was just browsing I had no problem. But, if it ever happens again, here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE 3.2 GHz
GPU: (current) Integrated Vega 3 graphics (close future) Asus RX 580 4gb
Mobo: Gigabyte AB350 DS3H V2
RAM: Patriot Viper 4x2GB DDR4 3000 MHz CL 16
PSU: Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W
HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM 64MB

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
Found out it has to do with the virtual memory. When it runs out of available memory it closes everything. It closes games, it causes that display issue that I was talking about, the browser crashes, etc. It stays sometimes at 100% even when on desktop ( View: https://imgur.com/a/8Ha4vWy
). The only thing I came up to was to restart the pc, that's why it's low right now, ut more than likely it'll come back at 90%+. Any suggestions? Right now I'm watching some youtube tutorial about this, but every bit of info helps.

TRENDING THREADS