Monitor Question For New Build

p_lock82

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hey guys, I'm currently putting together a new build and was wondering about which type of monitor I should go with. GPU is going to be a gtx 560 ti, and the CPU an i5-2500k. I'm willing to spend up to around 180 dollars on a monitor.

The reason I ask is because I am purchasing parts over the course of November via Newegg, because of the very good deals they offer throughout the course of said month, and there is currently a deal on a 23" Asus LCD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059 that, after mail-in rebate, drops the previously $199.99 item to just $139.99.

Should I go for this? Or should I wait to see if there are upcoming deals on any LEDs?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Solution
That looks like a pretty good deal for the monitor. You might find something better on Black Friday, but I doubt it will be much cheaper. Check out logicbuy for deals periodically as well.
Also, LED monitors don't strike me as particularly useful and are simply more expensive than their traditional LCD counterparts. Since they will be on a stand anyway, you gain no additional desk space but pay a premium.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
That looks like a pretty good deal for the monitor. You might find something better on Black Friday, but I doubt it will be much cheaper. Check out logicbuy for deals periodically as well.
Also, LED monitors don't strike me as particularly useful and are simply more expensive than their traditional LCD counterparts. Since they will be on a stand anyway, you gain no additional desk space but pay a premium.

Solution

p_lock82

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

Awesome! I thought it was a pretty good deal as well. Since the deal doesn't expire until the 7th, I guess I'll poke around a bit more (logicbuy, etc.) and see if there isn't a better deal out there. Will probably end up pulling the trigger though. :D

Thanks a ton for your input!