Monitor Random Shutdown

Donmige

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
So just last week I upgraded my GPU from a GTX 560 TI to a R9 290 TRI-X from Sapphire, I asked on here about the upgrade and was told that my Phenon X4 955 was too weak for the R9 290 TRI-X so I upgraded my CPU to an FX-8370 I also upgraded my PSU to an EVGA Supernova 850 Gold( I also upgraded my case and SSD but I don't think those 2 items could be causing my problems). So since I I got the R9 290 which has 3 monitor support, I added a 3rd monitor as well its a cheap AOC, ever since I installed all the items I now have random monitor shutdowns but ONLY of the newest monitor, which happens to be the monitor that I am gaming on. I play world of warcraft on ultra settings and began to think that It was maybe being caused by the ultra settings, so I dropped them down to good but the monitor still shuts down at random. I have checked to make sure all the GPU fans are running, the one odd thing is that the PSU fan is not allways on it cycles which I believe is normal.

What could be causing my problem?

Solution
Try gaming on one of the other monitors for a while with the AOC still on and see which (if any) shut down. If the one your gaming on does then check your cables etc, otherwise RMA the AOC monitor

CGurrell

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Try gaming on one of the other monitors for a while with the AOC still on and see which (if any) shut down. If the one your gaming on does then check your cables etc, otherwise RMA the AOC monitor

Solution

Donmige

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
I kept gaming on the same monitor but switched the HDMI cable to a different monitor and the problem changed to the other monitor. Turns out it was a bad HDMI cable.