[SOLVED] Monitor randomizing refresh rate in game

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
I have a Sceptre C248B (1920x1080@144hz) and it has a ODS that tells me the resolution and hz it's running at. When I'm doing something outside of gaming, it stays at 144hz and i don't notice anything. But when i get into a game, (specifically aim lab and valorant that I'm noticing it most) it's almost like a randomizer. I will right away notice it isn't 144hz and when i open the ODS it will say anything from 60-75hz (it's usually 64 or 65hz). The game is running well above 130 fps at all times and is capped at 144. I use freesync and overdrive if that has anything to do with it (the monitor supports 144hz freesync). Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Might want to see if your motherboard needs a BIOS update. If you're unsure if it needs an update, mention the make and model of the board and use CPU-Z's motherbaord tab to show you what BIOS version you're on. Also, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? What is the GPU you're using and what driver version are you on?

You should also include the version for Windows 10.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to see if your motherboard needs a BIOS update. If you're unsure if it needs an update, mention the make and model of the board and use CPU-Z's motherbaord tab to show you what BIOS version you're on. Also, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? What is the GPU you're using and what driver version are you on?

Solution

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019

updating bios now, the psu im using is just some 400 watt crap the pc came with when i bought it off craigslist, i honestly dont know the age. im buying a new one in the next couple of months anyways because im upgrading my gpu. It's a rx 570 driver version is 20.7.2 (newest). Thanks for the reply
edit: on yeah windows version, it's windows 10 pro (1903) not activated because i couldn't be bothered

TRENDING THREADS