Question Monitor randomly blacks out for a few seconds with audio still playing while gaming

Aug 5, 2019
I recently installed a new GPU, motherboard, CPU and PSU (listed below) and have since experienced 2+ second black screens occurring randomly when gaming.
The games that cause this issue are more or less graphics intensive, for instance Lone Echo and Warframe causes it yet Beat Saber doesn't. I play games on a 144hz monitor at 1080p, and have done this with my old setup with no issues.

I've performed CPU and GPU stress tests, both of them are completely fine and don't cause the issue. I've tracked fan speeds and temperatures during the blackouts yet nothing seems irregular/notable.

Moreover, I cleaned my GPU drivers with DDU, updated my drivers for all new components and have tried a few troubleshooting methods for people suffering similar issues yet to no avail.

Specs:
  • ASUS Prime Z390-P Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4
  • SilverStone 650W Gold Essential Power Supply, ASUS TUF Gaming Alliance
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 24GB (2x4, 2x8 aligned correctly)
  • Intel Core i5 9600K
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus V2, 8GB

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm getting pretty desperate :(

Aug 6, 2019
Think I found the issue. Alot of dll's was missing in the registry. Ran CCleaner and did a registry fix, takes 2-4 diffrent runs of it to get em all. Try it and let me hear :)

Aug 6, 2019
Well, issue came back. Now I've found a annoying solution. Let me guess others that googled them here, dual or more monitors? I had to unplug all the screens I'm not using -.-" Only fix I've found

TRENDING THREADS