Monitor randomly goes black for few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018
Hey,

after a short search, I understand that this is a common problem, but unfortunately none of the answers I found help me
-
my monitor: Dell P2414H, connect to PC via DisplayPort
my GPU: Asus GTX 980 Ti
-
I don't know why but sometimes my monitor randomly goes black for a second or two and I don't know why it happened. It happens when I'm browsing the web, playing games (it drive me crazy when I'm playing online games because every sec is important for the game.)
it sounds very very weird but it happened way too often when my Air condition is on.

1. so I tried to change the cable to better cable that won't break too easily
I have this ( https://bit.ly/2vBvcvs ) and the problem has been a fix for a couple months but shortly after it came back
-
2. I have tried to Hold WinKey + Ctrl + Shift + B
-
3. I have tried to delete & reinstall the drivers GPU
-
4. I have tried to factory reset the monitor settings
-
5. I have tried to low brightness
-
6. And now we going to ask maybe this is the monitor fault right?
so I have PS4 Slim, and I don't have input for HDMI on my monitor so I bought this DVI-D to HDMI cable for it and what do you know? this problem doesn't happen o_O

maybe the DP input is bad? maybe I need to switch to DVI-D? I don't know guys...
I hope I would found some answers here!
( sorry for my bad English )

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

I don't have UPS man or you meant PSU? I switch over 3 PSU and this problem still happening.

No I meant UPS, but there was one guy who found that the neutral and power leads for his AC outlet were switched. Without a UPS you may have some issue elsewhere on the supply side that a UPS would filter out since they run through the battery all the time. Just a thought. No other idea on this right now.

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

Thank you, I'll wait for more people to respond

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

But how does the sound relate to my problem? I don't even have speakers on the monitor

here my settings man
BA59sO8.png

even after "Reset these audio settings." nothing change

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

ok. I still have this problem
maybe I should change it to something?

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

1. I use DVI-D to HDMI for my PS4 and I don't have this problem, only in PC (with dp)

2. yep I did that and still have this problem :((

Update the BIOS of your motherboard within BIOS itself. Which motherboard are you using?

Which power supplies did you try yet?

Try a different monitor or connect a TV, could be a compatibility problem. If another monitor has the same problem, it might be your graphics card

resetting windows could help as well

Nov 19, 2018
I have tried:
1) Replacing HDMI cables
2) 2 Different TVs
3) Updating all drivers and bios
4) Changing from GPU to onboard graphics

It happens all the time and there is no way to reproduce this as it is completely random. It might happen 1 time within 24 hours or 10 times within 1 minute without anything affecting it.

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

motherboard: GA-H170-HD3 (rev. 1.0) + Version F22e (the last one, so no update)

power supplies: I had to change a few times a power supply
The first was the 650W FSP (I don't remember the model)
he stopped working because of a power outage
the second power supplier I got was from the warranty, they gave me CX650M, he made so mush noise damn
and the third that I have at the moment is Seasonic m12ii-620
I was very happy with it for the first 4 months but I got a bad model from the store so soon I'll get 650 or 750 PRIME ULTRA as an apology for it
-
TL;DR - Anyway, in all of them it still happens
-
I don't have any other monitor or way to try that right now
-
when I had my power outage my graphics card has die too and I got from warranty the same card but different company (from Gigabyte to Asus) ( my card gtx980 ti)
-
I have this problem on my Linux Debian too :(

reset the BIOS by jumper (read the manual of the motherboard how to)

Would check the complete hardware again, like HDD/SSD with its manufacturer´s tools (eventually firmware update)
RAM by memtest86+ https://www.memtest.org/#downiso (USB autoinstaller)
Temperature of CPU by prime95 version 26.6; run with option smallFFT and the tool coretemp

The power outage could have damaged any other component without knowing, so last things to replace would be:
1. motherboard
2. CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.