Question Monitor randomly goes black when in game

Korbi

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Hello all, recently I had added an older monitor to my gaming setup. I was using a 144hz 1080P monitor for my gaming laptop and decided to change it to my main setup. My main PC setup is a 240hz 1080P monitor, the old 1080 144hz to the left of it, and then a 1600 x 900 60hz display for system information like temps and stuff. I had never had this problems up to adding it as a second monitor.

Playing games on my 240hz, at first was fine. However the past two weeks have been rough, my main monitor in game (Red Dead Redemption 2) will just suddenly go black for 3 seconds and come back. I read online it could be the cable, so I swapped both my 144hz cable and 240hz cable, which are DP. Issue still occurred, I tried using a different plug in the GPU, still occurring. Drivers are all up to date, and it ONLY happens when Im gaming on the main monitor, none of the other ones go black.

Is my GPU dying? Or is out of memory? I read online that the card should support up to 4 monitors, so I am confused as to why three is having such issues especially since one if sub 1080P. Also, I should mention, when I first moved the monitor over, playing red dead and other games on high graphics gave me no problems. It was only after the first week or so that the screen would keep going black, and since then its increased. It happens several times now especially in games where the graphics are cranked. If anyone has a solution besides unplugging the monitor I would greatly appreciate it, thank you.

Korbi

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
The three monitors I mentioned before, ASUS TUF X570 Mobo
G.Skill 16gb memory two sticks @ 3600mhz
MSI GTX 1070 8GB
Ryzen 3800X
Sata samsung SSD (OS)
8TB External HDD
1tb WDBlack 7200 RPM HDD
My PSU is a bit old, I believe it is a Corsair GS700 700W PSU