Question Monitor randomly goes black

matty.kemp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2018
I am running on a fairly low end system and sometimes my monitor just goes black and doesnt come back on until i restart my pc, It seems to happen when my pc is under alot of stress and i tab out, first time it happened i was streaming in discord playing mw and tabbed out, the next time i tabbed out while in game on eft. Wondering what the cause is since its only just started happening when there are plenty of times in the past where it didnt happen doing the same thing. Sorry if this seems dumb i dont know alot about computers and thanks in advance

matty.kemp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2018
Please elaborate following:
  • Full system speccs and its age.
  • Built it your self ?
  • Under what particular games/apps does this happens?
  • Have you make any changes to the system before first occurrence of this ?
i5-4460, gtx 960 2gb, 8gb 1600 MHz DIMM ram, idk what else it has i bought it from a local store about 3 years ago maybe, when i knew even less than what i know now, i remember i was told the psu was good enough for future upgrades but thats about it. Happens with any demanding game and i have been using discord every time it has happened but i dont think that has anything to do with it. I recently installed an ssd but that is the only change.