Question Monitor randomly goes to static then black for a few seconds only while in a game

Nov 25, 2020
I have 2 monitors, and only while I'm running a game (any game, I've tried multiple newer and older) the monitor the game is on will randomly show static for roughly 1 second then go to black screen anywhere from 5 - 30 seconds before showing the game once again.

Without launching any games, I've used the monitor for at least 8 hours and don't have any issues but as soon as I launch any kind of game it seems to happen every 5 minutes or so. I can even have the game launched, but have it minimized and will not have any issues until it's back on screen. even while sitting at the main menu i'll have issues.

I've already done a clean install on all of my AMD drivers and tried a different cable. Not sure what else I can do to get this to stop.

Windows 10
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series 8GB VRAM

Nov 25, 2020
Also just noticed that it seems like it doesn't happen as often if I'm running the game in Fullscreen instead of my usual Borderless Windowed mode. Not sure if that makes any difference in what could be causing the issue.