Question Monitor randomly loses signal

Apr 1, 2020
My monitor will randomly shut off and display, "No HDMI detected". Nothing, in particular, sets it off. Sometimes it will do it constantly and other times I can do whatever I like for hours a day and it won't happen for a week or so. Then it will randomly start acting up again. There is no pattern to it from what I can tell. I've switched out my HDMI cord, I've already updated my drivers, and I've been trying to read about other people having similar issues, but can't find anything exactly like mine. When the monitor shuts off I can turn the monitor off and wait and turn it on and nothing changes. (My computer stays on and sometimes I can still hear music or videos continuing to play after it shuts down, but I can't use my keyboard to shut down my computer..) The only thing that makes my monitor come back on is when I manually force my computer to shut down and restart it, so I feel like it must have something to do with my actual computer? I just recently built it maybe two months ago. I'm hopefully trying to avoid buying a new monitor if possible. Any help is appreciated.

Apr 1, 2020
Alright, so I was able to borrow a monitor from someone else and found out it is indeed a problem with my actual computer and not the monitor. I opened it up and checked the RAM and everything seems to be fine. I'm not sure if it's port connection since I have used different HDMI cables and tried plugging the cable into my graphics card as well as my motherboard and nothing has changed. My build was compatible according to PC Parts Picker so I'm at a loss. Any other ideas?