Sep 13, 2020
Hello all,

Specs:

RTX 3080
i9-1099k
Asus Maximus Hero XII
1000W NZXT PSU
Asus ROG STRIX XG32VQ 31.5" 1440p 144Hz display

New PC, it's been working without a hitch for weeks (since 3080 launch day actually). Now all-of-a-sudden the monitor will lose signal. My screen will blacken and then go to a blue "No HDMI connected" screen. What's weird though (and the reason I'm making a new thread, since I haven't seen this issue raised) is that if I simply turn the monitor off and then back on, it works normally again.

I should note that NOTHING else malfunctions when this happens. Audio doesn't skip a beat, my PC RGB lights don't flicker, my fans don't slow down. Nothing. Just my display.

I'm assuming it could be 1.) PSU (though unluckily since ONLY the monitor is affected, I think), 2.) GPU or 3.) Monitor is messed up.

Any thoughts or guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020
Problem persists, here are a few observations/troubleshoots I've tried.

UPDATE: All drivers are up to date. All temps are low when this occurs. Doesn't seem to occur when gaming (though unfortunately, the infrequency of the occurrence makes this hard to cofirm). I tried swapping HDMI cables, didn't work. Currently trying to connect via DisplayPort to see if perhaps that may help. Unfortunately I don't have a second monitor to check.

pcamature115

Commendable
Jun 3, 2018
Hello,

Specs:
GTX 1070
i7-7700K
Asus Maximus Hero XI
650W EVGA super Nova
Asus ROG STRIX XG32VQ 31.5" 1440p 144Hz display.

I find it odd that our systems share similar parts. But what's weirder is that we have the same monitor. I also have the same problem as you. Every now and then my monitor will go "display port no signal" then the power light goes orange. PC still running fine. Sound still going on. Now same as you I turn the monitor off and on again and all is well. Now I have noted that it only seems to happen when I get up from my chair. EMI perhaps? Also the chair I have is the Autonomous ErgoChair 2. You wouldn't happen to have that same chair would you?

Sep 13, 2020
Hello,

Specs:
GTX 1070
i7-7700K
Asus Maximus Hero XI
650W EVGA super Nova
Asus ROG STRIX XG32VQ 31.5" 1440p 144Hz display.

I find it odd that our systems share similar parts. But what's weirder is that we have the same monitor. I also have the same problem as you. Every now and then my monitor will go "display port no signal" then the power light goes orange. PC still running fine. Sound still going on. Now same as you I turn the monitor off and on again and all is well. Now I have noted that it only seems to happen when I get up from my chair. EMI perhaps? Also the chair I have is the Autonomous ErgoChair 2. You wouldn't happen to have that same chair would you?

hey! So for me anyway, the monitor was 100% fine. I did a clean install of my GPU drivers and it sorted the issue right out. No idea why that fixed it, but it did. Not a single screen issue since September :).

Good luck, hope that helps you!