Feb 17, 2023
Hello all, I built a PC over the holidays and aside from the occasional hiccups with the RAM early on it has performed great.

Recently though I've been encountering an issue where my monitor will randomly lose it's video signal no matter what I seem to be doing at the time, it's happened while gaming and as of tonight while also doing small tasks. My PC will remain on, fans continue to spin, apps continue to run, temps appear fine, and even my GPU's lights remain on. I'm forced to use the power button to shut the computer down, but often times the video signal won't return even after restarting which forces me to repeat the process until it works.

So far I've tried reseating my GPU, using a different HDMI cable, connecting to a different TV as well as other ports, and doing a fresh install of my video drivers using DDU. Re-installing my video drivers appeared to work for close to 2 weeks before randomly starting again tonight. At the time of writing, and I'm using my PC to do so, it has only occurred twice tonight.

Checking my Reliability History, in every instance of these issues occurring I'm seeing LiveKernalEvent Code: 117 and now 141. I'm unsure if this has anything to do with my loss of video signal or if it's simply the result of me having to perform a hard shutdown when the issue occurs. I provided the summary for both below hoping it might prove helpful :

Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎2/‎17/‎2023 1:46 AM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff9b08e2f49010
Parameter 2: fffff8009b66cf70
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 4
OS version: 10_0_22621
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎2/‎17/‎2023 1:39 AM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 117
Parameter 1: ffff83032492c010
Parameter 2: fffff805bff1cf70
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: dd7c
OS version: 10_0_22621
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specs below:

Windows 11 Pro
MSI B650 Tomahawk
Ryzen 5 7600x
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 10GB
Patriot Viper 6000 32GB
Corsair H150i LCD Elite
Lian Li SL Infinity x9
Corsair RM1000x (With cables from CableMod)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm hoping it's the result of something software related, as I don't really have the means to just swap out and test with different hardware should that be the issue. Might be able to RMA parts if needed, and I'm not above taking my rig to a technician or using a service like Geek Squad (if they're recommended) should it become necessary.

Ralston18

Titan
New build:

Start by powering down, unplugging, and opening the case.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

With a new build no one wants to force a connection so what appears to be in place is really not. Unplug and replug a few times and you may discover that some connection or slotting suddenly feels smoother and cleaner. Solid contact.

Also: "Corsair RM1000x (With cables from CableMod)"

Only the cables that come with a modular PSU should be used.

Remove the CableMod cables. Determine if the video problems end. Wait long enough (two weeks + apparently) to be sure.

Drivers: Manually download all drivers directly from the applicable manufacturer's website. Install and configure as necessary. No third party installers or tools.