Question Monitor Randomly shuts off but computer stays on

Jun 15, 2022
I am new to this whole thing so hopefully I am doing this right.
Here are my specs:
AMD Radeon RX560 graphic card
ASUS ROG Strix B450 gaming - Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x eight core

My monitor randomly shuts down and my computer stays on. I feel like I have done everything to solve issue. If you have any ideas that would be great. Here are the things I have tried already: change cords, tried different monitor, power settings changed to never, took both graphic card and ram out and cleaned, tried different graphic card, tested power supply, updated graphic card, used DDU. I know when monitor turns off I have noticed on the motherboard a yellow flashing light, but it only does that when monitor shuts off and won't go back on until I power off computer and turn back on and then it works fine again.

Jun 15, 2022
EVGA Supernova 1000G+

today I got something different that I haven't ever had I got a plain blue screen monitor light stayed blue for a bit and turned amber and shut off.

Last edited:

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
EVGA Supernova 1000G+

today I got something different that I haven't ever had I got a plain blue screen monitor light stayed blue for a bit and turned amber and shut off.
Did the blue screen have any text on it?

If there was text on the blue screen that looked like a bunch of numbers and letters mixed together. That would be the hexadecimal location on the HD that is bad and could potentially mean your HD is failing. That blue screen in computer lingo, is referred to as a BSOD or, the 'Blue Screen Of Death'.

Jun 15, 2022
nope it was just a plain blue screen. This is the only time it did it. No error messages. I updated the Bios and the chipset as someone had similar issue and it fixed the issue but apparently not for me. It worked all day yesterday and then today in the afternoon monitor just shutdown again. I even took it in a computer shop and they couldn't get it to do the same thing. I am lost of what is causing the issue.