[SOLVED] Monitor randomly turns into some artifacts while playing game, sometimes even browsing.

Dec 12, 2020
Hi All
My specs
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs)
POWER SUPPLY: OCZ ZS 550
Case : zalman z9 u3
Memory : Corsair 2x4gb LP Vengeance 8gb dual channel ddr3 1600mhz
MotherBoard : AsRock z77 Extreme4
CPU Cooler : ThermalRight HR-02
GPU : Sapphire radeon HD 7950 3GB vapor-x
SSD: OCZ Vertex4 128GB sata III
Monitor : dell u2312hm

My Graphic card drivers are up to date, uninstalled all and installed new driver.

Issue : While playing games for example city skyline, i can sometimes play an hour or two no problem, but sometimes 15 minutes or even 2 and my monitor goes into some artifacts, all white/light color with equal stripes all over, i cant do anything except to restart my pc. Even then it does not work, either monitor does not detect pc, or again some artifacts red dots, the stripes or " sorry your pc run into error :(" blue screen.
What seems to help is to turn of all electric plugs wait 30 seconds and reconnect, then seems to work but if i would start the game it will run into the same thing within 2 min. Really weird seems like if i give it a break of 1 day, and come back to play it let me play 30-1 hour but then it happens and after that it will happen within 1-2 min of starting game.

Not sure where to look, whats the issue. Did anyone have similar or have idea what could be the issue ?

Thank you !

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
It sounds like your graphics card may be overheating. Turning the power off would seem to help in your case because it allows the card to cool down a bit.
Your best bet is to check if your case doesn't have any blocked airflow to the card. If you're certain your card is getting enough air then it might be broken.
Sending it in for repair would then be your best bet.

Dec 12, 2020
Hmmm, i run the fur max software benchmarks, and it never went to 90C, it stayed under 80, when it was 80 the fan turned loud and went back to under 80c. Also when i run the softwares i get no glitches or artefacts, so looks like the graphic card should be working great?

Dec 12, 2020
Also it is weird, because when i play battlefield it seems to be working great, but when i play city skyline it does it often? Maybe something that makes city skyline puts stress on GPU, maybe i should play with some software to see if its does put stress on GPU 100%, or maybe i should put it half half somehow so CPU takes some of its work ?

Dec 12, 2020
Also I noticed that on motherboard I'm getting 62 code if that will help, I looked over forums, so will try removing ram, GPU and cleaning reslotting See if that helps

EDIT :
I have cleaned and replaced ram into different slots- didnt work
Cleaned and replaced GPU into different slot - didnt work

Disconnecting the GPU taking it out of pc - worked. Then i went into bios and in south bridge (As the code 62 means) i disabled deep sleep, as it was deep sleep s5

Not sure if related but it started happening this thing after i left my pc for more than 2+ hours unattented and it couldnt reboot it self from sleep, as in i pressed buttons and nothing happened so had to reset. Maybe this is the Cause OR the GPU.

I will try connecting the GPU again in a bit and see if it will work with the bios setting change, i might also reset bios or cache or something will read about it

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Dec 12, 2020
Yes i did this with pc fully unplugged from power, even stripped it out to bare as in disconnected everything from motherboard all cables, all memory, gpu and then put all back except graphic card in cleared CMOS but then again same problem d6 d7 showing and i cant do anything...

I really don't know what to do now maybe new motherboard ? considering i also accidentally ripped out battery for cmos out of motherboard but seems to be still working the same

TRENDING THREADS