Question Monitor receiving no signal

Jul 9, 2020
So I have been putting together PC parts and I finally got the build all done, and I got the very common no signal issue. I have troubleshooted this pc for over 10 hours, and I just want my pc to work. Can anyone help?
Ryzen 5 2600
XFX RX 580
AsRock B450m DS3H Mobo
Forgot brand, but compatible DDR4 2666 ram
500W PSU

Wolfshadw

Titan
As long as you're using the HDMI output of the graphics card to one of the HDMI inputs of your monitor, that should be working.

Have you tried both monitor inputs?
Do you have the graphics card installed in the top (closest to the CPU) PCI-Ex16 expansion slot?
What is the configuration of your RAM eg. how much RAM do you have installed and in how many modules (one stick, two sticks, four sticks)?
Is your RAM installed correctly, per the instructions found on pg. 10 of your motherboard manual?

-Wolf sends

Jul 9, 2020
As long as you're using the HDMI output of the graphics card to one of the HDMI inputs of your monitor, that should be working.

Have you tried both monitor inputs?
Do you have the graphics card installed in the top (closest to the CPU) PCI-Ex16 expansion slot?
What is the configuration of your RAM eg. how much RAM do you have installed and in how many modules (one stick, two sticks, four sticks)?
Is your RAM installed correctly, per the instructions found on pg. 10 of your motherboard manual?

-Wolf sends
My ram is installed properly, my GPU is in pcie closest to CPU. I have 2 sticks and they are on slots 2 and 4. I have tried both monitor inputs with . multiple cables and even an adapter from HDMI to display port

Wolfshadw

Titan
At this point I'd start looking at the motherboard. Check your RAM slots with a single RAM module in each slot, one at a time.
Check your CPU for bent pins.
Test with a known working GPU that does not require external power connections.
Beyond that, I can't really think of anything else other than a faulty motherboard/CPU.

-Wolf sends

Jul 9, 2020
At this point I'd start looking at the motherboard. Check your RAM slots with a single RAM module in each slot, one at a time.
Check your CPU for bent pins.
Test with a known working GPU that does not require external power connections.
Beyond that, I can't really think of anything else other than a faulty motherboard/CPU.

-Wolf sends
Yeah I've tried it with both ram, CPU is all good and my GPU is brand new. No other ones as well