Question Monitor recognized by computer, display not functioning

Jul 20, 2021
I have a Crossover brand 27'' DP-27Fast 144Hz 2560x1440p monitor (same one from this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2sVe90hTA8
) that has been serving me well for the last 3.5 years, and this morning the display just went out (turned black) while the computer was idling. I plugged in a second (working) monitor to my computer to see what the deal was and it appears that the broken monitor is still being recognized by my computer and is receiving a signal, but nothing is appearing on the display. I unplugged the broken monitor and plugged it back in, checked the DisplayPort cable by switching it with the one plugged into my other monitor, tried power cycling the monitor using its power button, and I've had no luck getting the display to come back to life. The monitor seems to be receiving power because the power light still functions like normal, and also seems to recognize when its receiving a signal because the power light still goes from "standby" (blinking orange) to "on" (steady green) whenever the DisplayPort cable is plugged in, it just doesn't display anything at all. There is no "no signal", or monitor settings overlay when I use the hardware buttons on the monitor itself. This leads me to believe that the issue must lie with the connector between the panel and the pcb inside the monitor, the LED backlight (since I can't see the telltale bright light from where the bezel meets the screen), or some type of driver within the monitor. Does anyone have any experience with this type of failure mode that might be able to shed some light on which components might need fixing, and if it would be possible for me to make the repairs myself? I would very much prefer to fix the monitor to buying a new one since it seems like its functioning fine otherwise.

I appreciate any help!

ASK THE COMMUNITY