Question Monitor recommendation

why do you want specifically a va panel?
are you looking at 1080p cause its cheap or for a specific reason?
60hz or high refresh rate?
whats about pixel responsiveness?

va panels are probably not your best best for 60hz
cause at 60hz theyre worse in color and the same in pricing as ips

at 144hz the pricing changes a lot.

Reactions: Sagar_20

RangerVAT

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2016
why do you want specifically a va panel?
are you looking at 1080p cause its cheap or for a specific reason?
60hz or high refresh rate?
whats about pixel responsiveness?

va panels are probably not your best best for 60hz
cause at 60hz theyre worse in color and the same in pricing as ips

at 144hz the pricing changes a lot.
Whichever is IPS and has a good response time should be your choice.

Low blue light technology is important.

Some premium monitors let you adjust height and orientation.

Some support AMD freesync.
Hello guys, thanks for your response, well after read this probably the VA panel isn't good idea, I'm looking one of these to avoid the IPS Glow, I mean I like me more the black zones without Glow and very black things with vibrant colors, but if you say the colors are something ugly , probably isn't what I'm looking for. In any case I'm looking for a monitor 1080p or 1440p, 60 or 75 hz , 5ms or better, 24" around 150 - 200 USD, only for play story games and see movies, but now I'm not sure. My unique option at this moment is the Asus VA249HE.

Hello guys, thanks for your response, well after read this probably the VA panel isn't good idea, I'm looking one of these to avoid the IPS Glow, I mean I like me more the black zones without Glow and very black things with vibrant colors, but if you say the colors are something ugly , probably isn't what I'm looking for. In any case I'm looking for a monitor 1080p or 1440p, 60 or 75 hz , 5ms or better, 24" around 150 - 200 USD, only for play story games and see movies, but now I'm not sure. My unique option at this moment is the Asus VA249HE.
what do you mostly do on your pc?
if you mostly game, I would go for a 1080p 144hz, if you mostly create or consume content
I would go for 1440p 60hz

but 144hz will not be ips usually.

for a 1080p 144hz display I would go for this one from Samsung https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LC24...urved+samsung&qid=1565187347&s=gateway&sr=8-4
I have this exact one but 27inch at 1440p. it is a va panel, but the angles are very good compared to any other va or tn panel ive seen and its color calibrated to deltaE s of 2.36 which is almost professional level
and will service any person nicely
also its priced very nicely at 168$, right in your budget.
but if you find a better deal on it or any other panel with the same specs, go for it.
also its 1ms.

for 1440p this ben-q monitor: https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-2560x14...gateway&sprefix=1440p+60hz+ips,aps,258&sr=8-5
is amazing, amazing color, amazing angles, the bezels are quite thick but youll get used to it
and it doesn't even matter at all if you have 1 monitor
its just a little above your budget at 220$, but will be a great choice for any content viewing.

RangerVAT

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2016
what do you mostly do on your pc?
if you mostly game, I would go for a 1080p 144hz, if you mostly create or consume content
I would go for 1440p 60hz

but 144hz will not be ips usually.

for a 1080p 144hz display I would go for this one from Samsung https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LC24...urved+samsung&qid=1565187347&s=gateway&sr=8-4
I have this exact one but 27inch at 1440p. it is a va panel, but the angles are very good compared to any other va or tn panel ive seen and its color calibrated to deltaE s of 2.36 which is almost professional level
and will service any person nicely
also its priced very nicely at 168$, right in your budget.
but if you find a better deal on it or any other panel with the same specs, go for it.
also its 1ms.

for 1440p this ben-q monitor: https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-2560x1440-Widescreen-BL2420PT-DisplayPort/dp/B01LHYIATA/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3VO0XWMKP3ASI&keywords=1440p+60hz+ips&qid=1565187573&s=gateway&sprefix=1440p+60hz+ips,aps,258&sr=8-5
is amazing, amazing color, amazing angles, the bezels are quite thick but youll get used to it
and it doesn't even matter at all if you have 1 monitor
its just a little above your budget at 220$, but will be a great choice for any content viewing.
Hello, thanks for your response and sorry for the delay in respond you. I mostly wanna this monitor to play story games and see movies, I like me so much your first option, the Samsung monitor, but only a final question in this curved VA panels do you see a Glow in the blacks, like in IPS? I don't see that in normal VA panels but in curved yes in one or two times. Thank you.

Hello, thanks for your response and sorry for the delay in respond you. I mostly wanna this monitor to play story games and see movies, I like me so much your first option, the Samsung monitor, but only a final question in this curved VA panels do you see a Glow in the blacks, like in IPS? I don't see that in normal VA panels but in curved yes in one or two times. Thank you.
i dont have any glow in my monitor
and btw, every ips monitor that glows, glows because it has local dimming zones. you can just turn them off if you want to.

RangerVAT

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2016
i dont have any glow in my monitor
and btw, every ips monitor that glows, glows because it has local dimming zones. you can just turn them off if you want to.
Hi, in that case I'll buy the Samsung, thanks for your recommendation :) only a thing you say me "every ips monitor that glows, glows because it has local dimming zones. you can just turn them off if you want to." I never heard this, how can I turn it off? Or I don't understand this part.